Friday, July 30, 2010

The Family Bed

I have not been sleeping well.
The past few nights I can't fall asleep and when I finally do, I wake up almost every hour.
I think I have it figured out.
It may have to do with two furry four-legged friends and a two legged man.
The cats are always rambunctious when we're trying to fall asleep, but lately they've been a little needy.
Both cats snuggle closely to my legs, sandwiching them in.
I yell out, "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO MOVE MY LEGS?!" 
But they're already asleep.
So I curl my legs up to my chest and then Margo moves up next to my legs and Wilson scoots in even closer.  Now my lungs are being crushed by my knees and my feet are beginning to fall asleep. 
Then to make it even worse, my husband took up the ENTIRE bed last night.  I was forced to sleep in a tiny ball hanging off the edge of the bed while the rest of my family was sprawled out with inches of extra space surrounding them. 
I just dug my heel into my husband and he moved over very quickly.  (What was I supposed to do?)  
I think we need to invest in a California King sized bed or make a no children allowed rule.  More is definitely not merrier.

No comments :

Post a Comment