Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Funny Story...well now anyways

Did you know that the my first day of marriage was spent in the E.R.?
It suuurre was.
The cold, crowded, germ infested E.R. 

The evening of our wedding turned into Martin grimacing from side and chest pain.  
Me, a person who WORRIES about EVERYTHING didn't sleep much...every worst case scenario was playing in my head. Appendicitis? Ebola Virus? Yellow Fever?  I kept listening to see if he was still breathing and every time he yelled out in pain I panicked. 

In the very early morning as we got up to catch the shuttle to the airport, Martin was still suffering...he could barely stand up and every time he took a breath he groaned.  But according to him, he was still going to go to Kauai even if it killed him.  I tried to talk some sense into him that being thousands of feet up in the air OVER AN OCEAN was not the best of ideas at this moment.
(I was very calm)
We called my mother-in-law, who is a nurse, and she suggested we head over to the E.R.  There was only one slight problem, we didn't have a car.  I quickly called my big sister and on the verge of crying tried to tell her we had to go to the hospital.

After hours of sitting in the E.R., canceling our flight, worrying and worrying, Martin was released.  Nothing was wrong with him.  He was perfectly fine. 

hmmm nerves maybe?

A day later we were on a secluded beach in Kauai, Martin was smiling ear to ear, the only pain he was feeling was from a mild sunburn. And I was enjoying laying in the warm sun next to my new and healthy husband. 


  1. Awwww what a cute picture... I have a similar story, but mine was because I was allergic to the latex sponges that was used to apply my makeup. You could say I looked like Chunk from the Goonies! I am glad your hubs was okay... cute blog! I am now a follower!

  2. oh no! Why do those types of things always happen on a day that's supposed to be perfect? :)

  3. thanks for stopping by my blog : ) Yours is adorable. I teach preschool and am originally from CO so it sounds like we have lots in common : )

  4. Yeah.... the day BEFORE my wedding was spent at the hospital. My mom and I were in a car accident and I ended up with a cracked sternum. I was in pain for 3 months after my wedding. No fun!