Monday, April 19, 2010

Twitterpated

I am in love with a man named Martin.

I love being married to Martin. Marriage is amazing and wonderful and exciting. But sometimes marriage is hard. You are combining two souls together. Two different individuals. I didn't think things would change too much when Martin and I got married last summer.  We had been together for so long, been through a lot...I thought it would be pretty much the same as it had been for the last seven years.  When people ask me what's different between dating and being married I have a really hard time putting it into words...it's more a feeling. 
I think it's knowing that you've committed your lives together...knowing that even when things get tough you can't just walk away, you have to stay together, work together, love together.  It's a stronger bond then when we were just dating. It's the ultimate commitment and partnership of love and trust.  I know it sounds cheesy but I truly feel honored that my husband chose me to live by his side and grow old with him. It is the most amazing feeling to know someone cares for you and loves you that much that even on your worst day you're are still the one person they want to come home to...and be twitterpated with :)

No comments :

Post a Comment