Saturday, April 3, 2010

Florida Adventure #2

My sister works smack dab in the middle of the Everglades.
It's a pretty cool place to work if you ask me...when people ask me where I work I say, "Between a scary street and another scary street with gangs and dollar stores."


When she steps outside she is surrounded by tropical foliage, birds chirping, panthers, bears, and alligators...oh my 
What's also cool about where my sister works is that she works on the Seminole Tribe Reservation.  The tribe is it's own sovereign nation so the tribe doesn't have to listen to anybody if it doesn't want too...just kidding (kind of), but they do have their own laws, police, schools...etc. Hmmm maybe someday I'll be working at the Seminole Tribe's elementary school :)


The tribe runs the swamp tours of the everglades and that is exactly what we had come to do. 


We also stopped by my sister's work... 
and walked along the mile boardwalk...only screaming a few times because of the large dinosaur-ish insects
If you ever get a chance to visit the Everglades you won't be disappointed. It's a world of it's own and it's beautiful beyond words...plus I know a pretty good tour guide named Kate 

1 comment :