Friday, April 23, 2010

Just An Average Thursday

It's been raining for two days straight here.  It almost never rains and I love it!

Yesterday we started the school day off with kids running inside from morning recess because of the rain.
Then the power went out about four times. It's really inconvenient when everything is technology based at school now.  Every time the power went out you could hear the whole school scream...it was quite entertaining. 
Secretly though every time the lights turned off I held my breath and prayed they wouldn't turn back on...but no such luck.

Then at about 2:00 I noticed some really really scary black clouds moving in.  I stopped my students from their math stations and had them come look out the window. 

Me: Look, maybe we'll get another rain storm to help the grass grow green.
Student: It looks really scary!
Me: It's probably just another thunder storm like we had yesterday.

Just as I finished my last word the tornado siren went off. 
Great.

Me: Line up everyone! ABC order! Hugs and bubbles."
Student: Are we going to die!?
Me: No friends! We're safe inside. Everyone has to go sit in the hallway incase there's a tornado.
Student: What's a tornado!?

After sitting in the hall for a good twenty minutes, trying to calm down all the worries, we were dismissed back to class where we looked at some pictures of tornados. Sometimes I forget how new everything is to a five year old. 

Today is gloomy and rainy...and we could have some snow by tonight.  I just want to curl up, watch some movies, and take a nap.  Oh well...it's Friday and we only have 19 days of school left :) 

2 comments :