Thursday, December 31, 2009

7

Seven years ago today, Martin and I unofficially started dating.  It was our senior year in high school and we had gone over to a friends house for a New Year's Eve celebration.  We played games and watched The Breakfast Club. Martin and I stepped outside waiting for my sister, Kate, to arrive to the party.  It was snowing and it was magical. I was wearing my flip flops like a cool high school student would and I was freezing cold.  He asked me if I wanted to go for a walk and I simply pointed to my feet. I was disappointed about my fashion choice and we headed back inside. 


When it was almost time for the big count down everyone was pressuring Martin to kiss me when the clock struck twelve.  I was really rude and made Martin feel bad when I said, "Eww no!" I was too shy. I felt bad so I boldly grabbed his hand. Luckily he accepted and he's never let it go since...


*Happy 7 year anniversary honey!* I can't wait for 2010 and all that it will bring! I'm so lucky to get to spend another year with you...and this year I promise to give you a big kiss when the clock strikes twelve.  
Martin and I the summer before college (2003)

1 comment :

  1. i remember that night! I don't blame you for not wanting martin cooties

    ReplyDelete