Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope you got to spend some time outside in the beautiful weather...maybe go to a BBQ or two...spent a minute reflecting on the real reason why we celebrate today.

We had a great weekend spent with our family and friends.
My sister and brother-in-law moved into their new house on Saturday. I'm really excited for them to start this new chapter in their lives. They're going to have so many great memories here. 
Sunday was spent at my good friend and co-workers graduation pool party!
...I don't think my skin had seen the sun since last summer when we went on our honeymoon.

And then today Martin ran the Bolder Boulder! Last night he had a special dinner to give him an extra boost of energy.  I passed on it though.
Yes, that would be chicken livers. 
The cashier at the supermarket gave us a questionable look, shook his head, and then made a gagging noise. I pretended to be looking at a magazine so I wouldn't be associated with the organs of a chicken.  
Then later last night I walked into the bathroom and Martin was shaving his already very short hair.  He said it would make him more aerodynamic.  It must have worked because he finished the race in under an hour and even beat Dr. Oz :) 
...nothing like a cold refreshing beer after you've just run 6 miles (and he may have been handed one at about mile 4 by a man on the side of the road and at the end of the race...but who's counting?)  We got to spend the afternoon with our good friends Ben and Libby which made the day extra special.  

I'm so proud of my husband. He set a goal and then did everything he could to accomplish it. I wish I was more like him.  If he says he's going to do something, he simply does it.  I'll talk about what I want to do for months and then sort of try it and then slowly start to forget about what I wanted to accomplish. I'm so glad to be married to someone who continually challenges me to be my best. 

Now I'm off to go give my husband a very well deserved foot massage :)  

1 comment :

  1. Were married to very similar men. Glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete