Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Piano Update

I get the piano! I get the piano! I get the piano!
The middle school doesn't need it.
I am going to give it a new home.

I headed over to the middle school after school today.
I played it and it sounded beautiful...a little dusty but nothing a good cleaning won't cure.
I think we have a good connection...I wanted to give it a hug, but the instructional coach for the arts, who was there with me, probably would have changed his mind about the whole deal.
I just keep thinking about all the wonderful experiences I can give my students.
Some of them have never seen or heard a piano before.
They may have never even heard live music.
We can't have that now, can we?

I can't stop smiling.
I'm so excited!

And to put a cherry on top of my day I got to see my husband after school when I thought I wouldn't see him until late this evening. 

I like it when life is on my side.

3 comments :