Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Grumpy Pants

ummm...I think half of my class woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Here's how the afternoon looked: 
"Areely's group, stand up!"
Areely stood up and proceeded to look for her math partner...
"MIGUEL? MIGUEL? Where's Miguel?"
"I think he's in the bathroom"
Miguel then proceeded to open the door of the bathroom where he currently was and yelled,
"HEY? HEY! HEY? I'M RIGHT HERE! I'M IN THE BATHROOM!!!!"

whoa

Then I had to talk to Miguel about using a kind voice to talk to our friends AND to please not open the bathroom door when you are using the bathroom.

One of my other students was so tired and grumpy that he literally stood, head drooped, not moving.
"What's wrong friend?"
"mumblejumblegrumble"

I had to pull out all the stops...it was time for Raffi.  Raffi can cure any bad mood with a little song about baluga whales :)  

1 comment :