Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I love Pianos

I finally got up the courage to ask my principal if I could have a piano in my classroom...it's taken me a while even though I knew the worst she would say was no.
A little more e-mailing and I definitely can get an electric keyboard and there may be an extra piano at one of the middle schools.  
(think good thoughts here!)

I can't tell you how excited I am! 
I miss playing the piano so much.
It is part of who I am.
I love how when I play the piano I escape to a different place for just a few minutes.
(Kate and I..or me and Kate...your guess is as good as mine)

I want to be able to share my love of music with my students.
I want them to be surrounded by music...it's such a powerful teaching tool.

Anyways...

Tomorrow is a big day in Kinderland.
It's our graduation day and we've been practicing ALL day!
Singing our Songs.
How to walk.
How to shake someone's hand.
How NOT to run across the stage (our carpet) in a giggling fit.
I even bought Pomp and Circumstance to play.
I think it's going to be pretty cute. 

I'll be sure to get lots of pictures.

1 comment :

  1. That's one of my favorite pictures. I'm thinking good thoughts for the piano.

    ReplyDelete