Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is it okay to brag about your husband?

I've been thinking. 
I don't give enough credit to my husband. I may possibly be difficult to live with sometimes.  I may overreact, cry, pick at the amazing meals he creates for me, hog the bathroom.  And for reasons beyond me he still loves me.  Cares for me. Wants the best for me. I know, it's a mystery :) Martin doesn't like it when I brag about him (he's very modest you know). But I decided that I don't care and I want to tell everyone all the amazing things he's been up to.  

Remember how he started culinary school?  Well he is doing incredible.  He won't tell you this himself, but his teachers have given him so many wonderful compliments.  Plus he passed his level one Sommelier and Cicerone (which is the Beer sommelier certification) tests...when I smell wine I'm pretty sure I smell grapes... 

He wakes up every morning and literally jumps out of bed with a smile on his face as he puts on his chef uniform (which is very handsome if I say so myself). He has truly found his calling. And now he gets to make me things like this...
In the spring, Martin will get to go to Europe and travel around being cool and chef like.  I'll miss him terribly, but this is his dream, which makes it my dream for him too. 

I couldn't be happier for him...when I first laid eyes on Martin 9 years ago, I knew he would do something great with his life, and I'm just so blessed to be apart of it with him. 

(okay Martin, bragging done...for now anyways ;)

3 comments :

  1. Keep up the great work, Martin. We're proud of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I think it's sweet to brag about your hubby! Its nice for anyone to know they are appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I agree, it's perfectly fine to brag on your hubby! Sounds like he's doing great in culinary school!

    ReplyDelete