Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Yellow Face Lift

Since finding out that we were pregnant, Martin and I have worked really hard to save money where we can.  Babies are expensive, but there are ways to save.  I scoured Craigslist and found a perfectly good Jenny Lind changing table for $35 (originally $100). I always pictured a changing table just like this one and even though it was a little scuffed, I knew a fresh coat of paint would spruce it right up.  
Our little girl will be sharing our one bedroom with us so I wanted to choose a color that would work well with our bedroom colors. Yellow is such a cheerful color, don't you think? 
 We headed over to my sister's this morning to use her backyard for our project.  I learned quickly that my lovely husband is better at teaching our nephew how to drum on the paint can than he is at actually painting.  But he learned fast ;) 
 I can't wait to lay my little girl on this happy little table  as she looks up at me while I sing songs and put on one of her tiny little outfits.  It's nice to have things for our baby that are unique and done especially for her. Sometimes I get swept away with looking at pictures of amazing and intricate nurseries. Then I take a look at our tiny bedroom and feel bad that she can't have her own space filled with cute little things. But I guess what's really important is that she has all the necessities. That she is safe, happy, and loved.  
Those things we can definitely give her a plethora of. 

3 comments :

  1. It looks great. But mostly because youi did it just for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out so nice and pretty!!! ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete