Friday, April 22, 2011

earth

Today in honor of how awesome our world is, my Kinder friends and I watched some of Life: Plants.  I've talked before about how I've shown clips of Planet Earth to my students.  Every time I watch my 23 curious little students view such amazing footage it chokes me up.  Their mouths are hanging open with each new thing they see. You can barely hear the narration because of the "WOA!!! Mrs. Wolfe! Did you see that?!?!?" 
"WHAT IS THHAAAT?!"

I love it. I love seeing something through the eyes of a five year old.  You start to think to yourself, "Woa! That is COOL!"

These little ones are amazed at what they are seeing for the first time. We learned that plants are alive! They especially loved watching the venus fly trap. 
A student turned to his classmates and said in a matter of fact voice, "That plant will eat you too."

"Waaaaitt a minute boys and girls! You will not be eaten by plants."

I love being the first one to teach my students something...it feels like such an honor.

The sun is shining, it's Friday, and I get to see Martin in 3 days!

No comments :

Post a Comment