Thursday, September 2, 2010

Life Decisions

I'm thinking I would like to live in a Disney movie instead of going into work.
This week has been a little rough...does unruly parent mean anything to anyone?

I pulled out my Disney CD and popped it into my car on my way to work (don't judge). Track four began to play and suddenly I was in my happy place.

What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing...

To be safe we lose our chance of ever knowing

"That is so true," I thought to myself.
Those Disney writers sure get things right sometimes. 

Should I choose the smoothest curve
Steady as the beating drum?
Should I marry Kocoum?
Is all my dreaming at an end?

I told my steering wheel that I wished my biggest problem was whether or not to marry a handsome Native American or a handsome Ken lookalike. 

As I drove my twenty minute commute to work passed strip malls, gas stations, dollar stores and family owned Mexican restaurants, I seriously started to think about my life and where it's heading. Is this what I want to see outside my car window for the next twenty years? I know what the safe choice to make is, the easy choice, the one that won't take much effort.  But is that really the choice that will make me the happiest?

I'm starting to think beyond my comfort level...to really look at myself and know what I'm capable of accomplishing.  I don't want to live this one life I have stuck somewhere because it was easier.  
Oh wow. That Pocahontas and I sure have a lot in common.
Except she has awesome long flowing hair and a whole forest full of animals that adore her.

2 comments :

  1. Pocahontas may have had a whole forest of animals, but you have a whole family that adores you. Life choices are not always easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. Not only did you hit some of my thoughts on where I'm at in life dead on, but you also make some excellent Disney references. :)

    Best of luck in figuring it all out!

    ReplyDelete