Thursday, October 20, 2011

Every Leaf Speaks Bliss To Me...

There's a quiet street that I drive down on my way home from school. It's lined with the most vibrant fall colors you could ever imagine being in the middle of a big city.  

Today was a perfect fall day. Just the right amount of warm, not a cloud in the sky...and a kindergarten field trip. We survived. We're exahusted. The kids had the most exciting time. We ventured to our local library and the local museum. I think the best part was the bus ride and having lunch in the huge grassy field next to the grand court house. 

I sat in the sun as the kids around me ate their ham and cheese sandwiches. I listened to their little conversations they had...so excited that their teacher was eating lunch with them, except when I told them they had to eat their sandwich first before their dessert. I heard myself saying the same things my parents had said to me, "Three more bites...no, three more BIG bites."

 I watched from a distance as a couple, hand in hand, walked up the courthouse stairs. She had on a white dress. He was in a suite. I smiled.  They were getting married on such a perfect fall day.

Tomorrow is our last day of school before we begin our Fall Break. I can't wait to have some time to myself and to catch up on life. 

1 comment :

  1. Loved your story today. It is funny how we catch ourselves saying things our parents said to us.

    ReplyDelete