Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Two Years

Today is my two year wedding anniversary.
Where has the time gone?
Am I no longer a newlywed anymore?

These past two years have been an incredible journey. Sometimes I just stare at Martin and can't believe that he is my husband, that he chose me to be his wife...obviously not because of my cooking skills. My other qualities, like being a good kisser, must suffice. 
We've learned that merging your life with someone isn't always easy...and then throw in a bad economy and you have your fair share of moments that you kind of want to forget.  We've made sacrifices and compromises as we're learning how to create the life that we both want, while at the same time creating a life we can share together. 

These last few years we've had to do a lot of growing up.  It's about us now, just the two of us, and we're learning how to do grown-up things even when we don't feel like grown-ups.  And occasionally we still have one of those evenings when you know a big talk is coming about where we want this life of ours to take us, when we'll be able to buy a house, or when we'll finally be able to start our family...but it always comes down to one thing.  Even if we disagree, there is no one else in this world that we would rather be sharing our life with and making these big life decisions alongside.  
Every morning I get to wake up next to my best friend and know that whatever life throws our way, we're never alone. We're in this together. And that is one of the most comforting feelings in the world. 

It has been an incredible two years...an incredible decade of knowing Martin and the amazing man that he is. 

I found my journal from high school and was reading through it the other day and on January 8th, 2003 I had written this:

 "About a month ago I had such a strong thought come over me that Martin is the one I'm going to marry. I know, I know it sounds so crazy and weird, but who knows, instincts are funny sometimes..."  

I am so glad my instincts were right. 

11 comments :

  1. Happy Anniversary, Jessica! Those pictures of you two are gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! This is so wonderful. I love reading about your marriage, because when you talk about your husband, you talk about him in a way that just really shows how much he means to you- it's a great quality to have. Your pictures are amazing and you are so so lovely- it looks like it was an amazing day. Congrats to you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2nd Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to my very favorite kindergarten teacher and friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures. Wow love the high school journal excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We both teach kindergarten AND we have the same wedding anniversary! That's too fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. dang girl, you have awesome teeth
    congrats on the anniversary!
    :)

    ReplyDelete