Friday, July 1, 2011

Family Dinner

Once a week we try to have dinner with my sister and brother-in-law. Some weeks my sister invites me over twice so I have someone to eat with and don't eat an entire bag of grapes for dinner. 
She takes good care of me.
Last night it was our turn to host and of course Chef Martin prepared a fine feast. 
Martin's been exploring our local Asian Market a lot lately.  He works at one of Denver's finest Sushi restaurants and is learning quickly about true Japanese cuisine.   
We almost always have something Italian with our dinner and last night Martin made us his own creation of 'deconstructed eggplant parmesan' 
And no dinner is complete without a good swig of basil seed drink...tasted sort of like cream soda with fish eggs (those aren't really fish eggs, but they eerily resemble them)

It's so nice to have a family dinner, spending the evening laughing and catching up with everyone...trying new foods.  I wonder what the Backos's are making for us next week? :)

4 comments :

  1. That food is like ART. Wow. I'm much too lazy for this kind of thing, but I'm glad you're able to enjoy it! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, that food looks amazing! I have never heard of half of it. How fun that you get to eat different kinds of food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me realize I need to explore more than tacos and spaghetti. I must be missing out! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool. Really makes me want to explore chinatown. You take beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete