Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Every Girl Needs a Good Hat

Today was hat day at school...
  
I would have liked living way back in yesteryear when people wore hats everyday. I like the idea that people took care in how they looked, never going outside in their pajamas or sweat pants.  Women dressed to impress....especially to impress their husbands.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I like that idea. I like looking nice for Martin, I wish I took more time and care into what I wore or how I did my hair.  But the mornings are getting so dark and cold that I usually throw on the most comfortable looking outfit and push aside the fact that I desperately need a haircut.  
Okay...starting tomorrow legs will be shaven, hair done, clothes ironed. 

On another note, did I tell you Martin and I are escaping to the Northwest corner of our country for my fall break?  I can't wait! For now I'm just trying to get through the week before a vacation, which any teacher knows is exhausting. 

5 comments :

  1. I love your hat!! ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. how ironic that i took those pictures in my pajamas! you look great sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! I wish people still took time to look nice before leaving the house - and you're right, a girl needs a good hat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that hat is so cute!!! and those earrings, to.die.for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe i'll even shower tomorrow... ;)

    ReplyDelete