Saturday, August 21, 2010

Race Across the Sky

As I'm typing, my dad has already been running for 5 hours.
He'll keep running and running and running until he crosses the finish line tomorrow morning with 100 miles behind him.
I can't even imagine what that will be like for him, I know it won't be easy by any means, I know he'll be exhausted physically and mentally, but I know that he can do it.
Keep him in your prayers today! 

A quote about the Leadville 100
"Running the Leadville is like running the Boston Marathon two times in a row with a sock in your mouth and then hiking up to the top of Pikes Peak and then repeating the whole thing again, this time in the dark.  The Leadville 100 boils down to: nearly 4 full marathons, half of them in the dark, with twin 2,600 foot climbs in the middle." 

Good luck daddy! I'll be thinking about you until I get that phone call that you made it! 

1 comment :