Sunday, March 10, 2013

To Be Near You

The sun is already melting the snow we got yesterday and all afternoon I've been listening to the pitter patter of melting snow dripping.  Everdeen and I had to escape our apartment today so I wouldn't go crazy hearing my upstairs neighbors dropping bowling balls above us...or playing fetch with their miniature elephant, both of which are extremely loud and inconsiderate if you ask me. 

We decided to visit Martin at work this afternoon and we took a brisk walk around filling our lungs with fresh air and trying out my new sling! Everdeen and I have used a wrap since she was a few weeks old, but I was ready for something a little more simple.  I love baby wearing...having my sweet baby so close to me.  It makes it especially easy to give her lots of cuddles and kisses and take in her new surroundings with her.
 
 

5 comments :

  1. I love these photos of you two! I bet it was nice to get out. Is that the same type of wrap that Aura used to use? It looks familiar. Another blogger I know is looking for a carrier/wrap and I thought about recommending it to her. And I totally understand that cooped-up feeling. Our neighbors at our last apartment had a young child that constantly screamed. Always squawked. I don't know if the poor thing had colic. They also had a very, very large dog named "Princess." And that dog would howl continuously whenever its owners left. Not to mention random, loud noises. Seriously--WHAT DO PEOPLE DO? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! It's a Sakura sling and I love it! So easy to use :) Oh I'm sure you are so glad to be out of your last apartment! We are counting down the days until we can move out!

      Delete
  2. You are both beautiful! As always, love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, you both are so lovely and look so happy to be near each other. I love babwearing, its been so long since I've worn my daughter though since she is now 21 months old.

    ReplyDelete