Friday, August 3, 2012

2 Belly Buttons

One belly button is tiny and much cuter than the other, but I have to say, seeing my belly button almost back to its original self after all these months is like seeing an old friend.  Oh, and my feet and ankles are back. I missed them too. 
It's amazing how much your body can change within one week of giving birth.  The first few days I felt like I had run a marathon. My whole body was sore and getting off the couch was an accomplishment in itself.  I keep wondering why I don't feel one hundred percent back to my old self and then I remember what I did just one week ago. Oh...I think I'll be sore for a while :)  

Yesterday as Martin was bouncing baby Everdeen on the exercise ball I exclaimed, "Look at me! I'm laying on my stomach!" It was an amazing feeling. I've been able to shave all parts of my legs instead of just the small patches I could reach before and I can even towel off my feet after a shower! Not having a watermelon for a belly is a nice change...except when I realize my baby girl is no longer inside of me...then I feel a little empty inside.  
As the days have gone by I see small glimpses of my old self in the mirror. I'm not sure I'll truly ever be my old self again. But that's okay because now I have this amazing story to add to who I am.  Everything my body has gone through has been worth it, especially when I get to kiss that tiny belly button and see my baby smile back at me. 

3 comments :

  1. I love how you are all napping together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing?! Reading this makes me eager to do it all over again. Trust me, you will be 100% back to your "old" self... it just takes time. I think it is the pure exhaustion that really makes us feel so crazy in the first few months. But oh, that time just flies by. Try and enjoy all of the cuddle time while you can. It is so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your blog/photography is stunning! I am looking forward to sitting down and reading through :)

    ReplyDelete