Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dear Chicken Salad, I sort of hate you

This week was hard.
I bruised my tailbone like you wouldn't believe and screamed bloody murder every time I had to stand up...or sit down for that matter, sneeze, laugh...it was miserable.  Thank goodness it's finally healing. 

Martin has been taking very good care of me, still loving me even when I have a big ice pack down my pants or start crying when he goes over a speed bump in the car. 
I never wanted to be a "difficult" pregnant lady, but lately I feel like I have been.  The one food that I actually found to love while eating Paleo I can't stand to look at. I used to inhale bowls of chicken salad and now, I can barely swallow it.

Eating strictly Paleo has been the biggest challenge for me this far in my pregnancy. I admit I have not stayed true to eliminating gluten and processed foods from my diet.  With these new food aversions and plus my already picky appetite I am struggling to find things to eat that align with our lifestyle.  
I know the benefits of eating clean, I've experienced them myself, my husband has experienced them. I know the benefits it will have on our little one. I have to keep telling myself over and over that the food I eat isn't just for me anymore, it's to help nourish and grow our baby. Which is most important right now. 
I think maybe slowly I am starting to get the hang of being pregnant. By the time I have everything under control it will be July and the baby will be here :)  For now, I'm just taking each day as it comes. Celebrating when I go a whole day without eating gluten...celebrating each milestone that passes and continuing to be so thankful for this experience, even if chicken and I are no longer on speaking terms. 

2 comments :

  1. You are doing a fantastic job even though you and chicken salad aren't on speaking terms at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there....you are doing great! They make pregnancy look so easy in the movies don't they???
    It is all worth it in then end!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete