Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Tyrannosaurus Rex Named Sue

When we were in elementary school I remember our music teacher put on a show for the families about Dinosaurs. 
We worked for weeks making giant dinosaurs out of paper, learning our songs that we would sing for our parents, and practicing the choreography. On the night of the big show I remember dressing like a Flintstone, having my mom pull my hair as tightly as she could into the highest pony tail possible and wearing an outfit that a respectable cave girl would have most definitely worn...leggings and an animal print top. 

I distinctly remember the song about the Tyrannosaurus Rex.  I remember belting it out at the top of my lungs thinking it was the most amazing song I had ever sung, "TYRANNASAURUS!!! REX REX REX REX REX REX REX!" We put our elbows close to our bodies creating tiny T-Rex arms and slashed them in the air.

Occasionally my twin sister and I will still belt out the Tyrannosaurus song while driving in the car or walking through the grocery store. 

This week it was Free Educator's Night at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. If you want teachers to come to anything, just make it free and we're there.  I always love going places with large gatherings of teachers...it's one of the best places to people watch.  
haha I love it

We got to experience the new exhibit about a T-Rex named Sue (the oldest T-Rex ever found) and explore the museum without doing a head count of our students every two minutes...1, 2, 3, 4, 5...wait where's Juan!!?  
It was pure bliss. 

5 comments :

  1. That's a great picture. Teachers do love the word FREE. That's because they spend so much personally on their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a picture like this!


    Cute cute cute blog! I love the baby shower, and the maternity pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha- hilarious!! I still vividly remember the songs from my elementary and pre-school days too... funny how those things stick with you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah great pictures. I can actually get into any museum around here for free anytime...trust me I take advantage of it...alllll the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun!! ps you would have been an australopithecus anamensis not a cave woman hehe

    ReplyDelete