Monday, September 5, 2011

27

Today is my husband's 27th Birthday.
Another year gone in the blink of an eye. 


I can't believe how much Martin has been through in just one year...changing careers is a big decision and I'm so glad he followed his heart. I know this next year will be good to him :)
{I've always loved a man in a uniform}


I remember when I first met Martin.  He had just turned 17 and we were slowly becoming friends. It's amazing to think that we've celebrated 10 birthdays together. 
I wonder what Martin would have said if he had been told that ten years from when this picture was taken he would be an amazing chef and be married to the girl sitting next to him?

When you meet someone so young you are lucky enough to watch them grow into who they want to become.  Ten years later Martin is still very much the guy I met in high school.  He lives his life each day to its fullest...never dwelling on anything negative. He beats to his own drum, which is what I love about him, never caring what others think. He walks with his head held high and a big grin on his face.  He's goofy and silly and he makes me laugh. He has worked so hard to be where he is today and I am so proud of him.


Happy Birthday to my dearest husband. I can't even begin to imagine my life without you.  You make everyday...every moment better and I am so blessed be by your side year after year. 

3 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to Martin, your mom said they were going to a birthday party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to an amazing brother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny when you look back and think, "I'm sitting next to my husband"! Actually, I'm glad we don't have a crystal ball to know the future.
    Happy Birthday, Martin, you're a wonderful son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete