Monday, November 1, 2010

Bend

For those of you who don't know, I may be the worst traveling companion you'll ever meet.
I tried my absolute best to be calm...but there's just something about being in the mountains that terrifies me (I know, I know...I live right next to the majestic Rocky Mountains).  And when I read a sign that says, "CAUTION ROAD CLOSED AHEAD DUE TO SNOW" I might possibly start to freak out...maybe.  Just don't ask Martin his side of the story, okay? I blame it on getting lost in the woods with my mom when I was little annnd watching the movie Homeward Bound too many times.

Anyways we made it over the Cascade mountains to Bend, Oregon safe and sound. We chuckled when the peak of the mountain wasn't even as high in elevation as Denver. 
Martin was in heaven.  Bend has about abajillion breweries and coffee joints, and that's where we spent most of our time. The people are very friendly..they even pump your gas for you (okay it's the law, but it's a nice gesture none the less). 
So long Oregon, maybe we'll meet again someday. 

No comments :

Post a Comment