Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I Knew The Day Would Come...


Yesterday I spent all day at a training for school.  When I got back to my class today my sub had left great notes for me about how the day had gone...including that one of my students had thrown up all over the orange table.  Lovely.  I was telling all my teammates how lucky I was that I wasn't there because I probably would have thrown up too.  Phew missed that one by a hair. 

Then today my luck turned on me.  One of my students was complaining of a bad stomachache all morning. I sent him to the nurse, but he returned a little while later.  When it was carpet time he was curled in a ball on the floor.  Then he sat up quickly, put his finger up to use the bathroom, covered his hand with his mouth..and you can probably picture the rest. 

While he walked down to the nurse with the trash can and a kind classmate I whipped out the Clorox wipes and Lysol...and called for the custodian who said when he arrived, "Oh, that's not too bad!" I wanted to ask what his definition of "bad" was.  I guess now I have officially gone through my rite of passage as an elementary school teacher. 

Lucky me.


2 comments :

  1. Always be kind to the custodians and keep them as your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of classroom pukers...isn't it lovely? All i can say is at least it wasn't the first day of school and it wasn't projectile (that is what happened in my room this year)!

    ReplyDelete