Tuesday, May 30, 2017

horsetooth

We celebrated Martin's first official day of summer vacation with a hike near Horsetooth. Now that we both work for the school district, our summers are spent as a family, which we know is a truly amazing gift! We needed a pretty easy trail for our first hike as a family of four, especially with me only being two weeks postpartum.  With a short fifteen minute drive we found the perfect trail, although I've realized now that my husband's version of 'an easy hike' and mine are completely different. It's sort of like that time when I was 7 months pregnant and basically hiked up the side of the mountain in flip flops because he told me we were going on a picnic lunch at the park...;)

We love being able to take Everdeen hiking and showing her all the beautiful places near our home.  She always does so well keeping up, even with an armful of stuffed animals.  Weston slept the whole time, but I know he could hear the birds singing and feel the breeze in his hair :) I have absolutely loved wearing my babies and it makes it possible to do things, like hiking, with your little one wrapped closely to your body! 

Here's to being brave with a newborn and many more hikes and outside adventures together! 

No comments :

Post a Comment