Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Valentine's Day Walk

I think we found a new favorite spot for family hikes. I especially can't wait to go back this summer.  It was nice to be able to spend some family time together on this warm Valentine's Day.  We have been enjoying our very mild winter here, but I know it's confusing for the trees and plants.  We saw signs of spring on our walk...little tiny blades of grass, new and green, starting to poke up from the earth.  We tried to tell them that spring is still a month away, but I don't blame them for enjoying the warm sunshine too.

Martin is busy in the kitchen as I type, preparing our family Valentine feast.  We're indulging tonight. When we were in college I began a tradition of cooking Martin dinner on Valentine's Day. Spaghetti with pesto and cherry pie for dessert (mostly because those were two of the only things I knew how to make).  Well, my very sweet chef husband has adjusted the recipes so that we can still enjoy our traditional dinner...spaghetti squash with pesto and gluten free cupcakes filled with cherries.  Not quite the same, but I'll take it!
Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing weekend surrounded by those you love the most! 

2 comments :