Sunday, May 25, 2014

window

This little girl could spend hours looking out our living room window.  Lately, she has been obsessed with watching the little boys across the street play soccer.  "Daddur ball!" she says over and over. She watches the mailman deliver the mail, the old man down the street ride his bike slowly back and forth, and of course all of the dogs going for their daily walks...especially the two dachshunds Sam and Sally.
The past few afternoons have brought string after string of thunderstorms.  I love thunderstorms and the slow rumbling off in the distance. They're so comforting to me. I close my eyes and breathe in the rain filled breeze...for some reason rainy evenings always make me feel like everything is okay...maybe it's symbolic for washing away the parts of the day that weren't that great and starting fresh again the next day with clean air that smells just like summer.
The neighbors don't know they're secretly being watched by a little toddler.  Everything they do is interesting to her. She is quietly soaking it all in.  It is her own hello, goodbye window.

Have you read the story The Hello, Goodbye Window?  It's the sweetest story and one of my favorites read a louds :)

3 comments :

  1. She's so entrapped, it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everdeen is absolutely beautiful and I love her sweet expressions as she views that world out there. This book looks adorable! I have to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete