Friday, February 10, 2012

A Polka Dotty Week

There's just something about polka dots...don't you think?
Dressing has become a little easier now that I've accepted the fact that I've gained the weight of a small dog. My mom and I scoured a baby and maternity consignment store and found some really great pieces that will last me through my pregnancy...all 50% off, which makes them that much more wonderful.  And seeing my older sister just went through her pregnancy, I got to go through her selection of maternity clothes as well. 
It's nice to share.
Dressing for my new belly sure gets the creative juices flowing in the wee morning hours.  I'm still enjoying wearing most of my pre pregnancy tops and pants thanks to my Bellaband and the fact that apparently I used to buy clothes that eerily resembled maternity fashion. 
I held up some of my new wardrobe for my husband to admire and said, "Hey, some of these things I could definitely keep wearing after the baby comes!"  Martin looked instantly alarmed.
"Well, maybe not the elastic waisted pants..." I added quickly.

Today was a good day and I was smiling all afternoon. I got to hear our little one's heartbeat and experienced what it was like to have a stranger, in the middle of a store, get excited about your pregnancy. I'm beginning to really love my new belly, especially in polka dots.

8 comments :

  1. You look really sweet. I'm glad you had a great appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're glowing Jessica and I am a HUGE fan of polka dots. My whole classroom is covered in them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! I love the polka dots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too precious! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look really great!! ~love Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments! You sure know how to give a pregnant lady a self esteem boost! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute....and how great that you and your sister get to swap clothes!

    ReplyDelete