Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dreaming of a White Christmas

They were predicting a white Christmas and when I woke up at 3 am to feed Everdeen on Christmas morning I could tell that it had snowed. That's the thing about snow on a quiet early morning...you don't even have to look outside to know that the ground is covered in a cold blanket of white.  It's something that you can feel.  I peeked through the blinds and sure enough Everdeen was going to have a very magical first Christmas.
This Christmas was so different from any Christmas I've had before. It was just the three of us in our tiny apartment. To be honest I felt a little sad not being with my family...sharing our special Christmas foods, listening to the same Christmas songs we have since we were little, playing a romping round of Parcheesi, but we spent the day making new traditions. I was so thankful because Martin was originally supposed to work but got the day off to spend with his family!
We enjoyed a lazy morning opening presents. Everdeen of course loved the bows and tags more than the actual gifts...as I'm sure most babies do.
We headed over to my older sister's house for a little bit in the afternoon. We chatted with her in-laws and I watched as my little nephew toddled around the house.  We even tried out Sanford's new sled and watched and laughed as Everdeen touched snow for the first time! 
Martin prepared quite the feast when we got home...a Paleo Christmas dinner (except for our gluten free chocolate cake :)
This new winter season has truly been magical.  I couldn't have asked for a greater gift than sharing my favorite holiday with my husband and new daughter. 

We hope all of our friends and family had a wonderful and blessed Christmas too! 

7 comments :

  1. I love it! Wasn't this Christmas just the best!! Everdeen is so adorable. We made lots of new traditions too- it was different but perfect. Do you have a gmail email? I think that may be why it won't let you read? emilyanneanderson@gmail.com

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely looks like a magical day! Merry Christmas to your adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as always, your pictures did not disappoint! glad you all had a wonderful xmas as a family of 3!! - Desiree

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG she is getting big! Loove her matching Pjs with her cousin..they look adorable together! Perfect christmas!

    ReplyDelete