Saturday, September 19, 2015

sundays are my favorite

A couple of weeks ago brought a much anticipated change for our family. This summer has been such a struggle with Martin working two jobs- one he loved and one he, to put it nicely, very much hated. He was able to reconnect with a local chef who had a lead cook position open and Martin was hired right away! He is finally working in a restaurant with high standards and like minded people while being given the opportunity to be creative. The only downside is that he works evenings again (such is the life of a cook). I thought being a single parent during the weekends was hard, but during the school week it has its fair share of challenges. 

We're definitely adjusting, it's so hard not seeing your husband every day and being able to just talk about what's going on with the two of us. We're learning the art of leaving notes on the kitchen counter...Have a great day! Don't forget to bring in the milk, please don't put my blouse in the dryer!! Love you and Miss you. I make mental notes of stories to tell him or cute things Everdeen did. But I feel like I can make this work especially if it means Martin is happy doing what he loves to do. These past few weeks have brought my mind so much peace and I've felt my body begin to relax again. Stability is such a good thing. 

Martin and Everdeen still get their special daddy daughter day on Mondays and we're even lucky to have one weekend day together. So now, Sundays are officially my favorite day of the week. We get to be a family and spend ALL day together! Last weekend, we headed back to the mountains.  We spent the day walking around Estes Park...having lunch, choosing which ice-cream store to indulge our afternoon cravings with (there are seriously 6 ice-cream stores on the main street) and just enjoying the beautiful scenery. 

4 comments :

  1. I always love all your photos. Hope you each got a good flavor of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Estes! Enjoy your Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Martin and your whole family! Sounds like a great opportunity and I hope your evenings go well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everdeen looks so grown up in these pictures. Kudos to you for making your schedules work. Dustin has been out of town for only a few days and I feel like I'm going bonkers. Thanks for your sweet comment on my last blog post. I keep thinking about you... you have to go for the intervention position! You would be fabulous and you have so much to offer with your background in both primary and upper... something I wish I had more of! Go for it Jessica!

    ReplyDelete