Sunday, March 2, 2014

Life Lately

Life has been full lately.  Although we have been spending our days trying to stay warm, we know that soon enough Spring will grace us with her soft, flowery, warm days.  I think that's what keeps us going during these last few winter storms of the season...knowing that in a month or so we'll be able to crack the seal on the windows, walk outside without a coat, and breath in the apple blossoms. The other morning I heard birds chirping...I smiled the whole way to work. 
I am very excited to say that Martin was offered two different jobs a few weeks ago.  He chose a job with a local hot sauce company and because of his hours Martin and Everdeen's Nana and Grandma are still able to watch her during the week (which means no more giant checks to daycare at the moment!). I think it's the best of both worlds. And he really really likes it.  Which makes me happy too.  I have a feeling the meals Martin makes us will now be a little on the hot side...
 We've been trying to fill our winter evenings with music and play.  Martin strung new strings onto his Mandolin and Everdeen has been helping me play the piano more and more. Sometimes she pushes my hands off the keys and says very firmly, "No!" and then continues to poke the keys on her own accord.  You can see the independence blossoming. Somedays you just have to laugh and remember that these little tots are learning how to be in this great big world. And that not all days are easy.  
I feel like there is so much more to write about and catch up on, but the weekend is short and the laundry is calling my name.  Happy weekend friends, I hope everyone is able to see a glimpse of Spring soon :)

2 comments :

  1. Life is busy busy. With a rub of the eyes and a great big yawn, you know it's been a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just did a little catch up on your blog... I've been a bit blog MIA this last month! So glad Martin was able to find a job that works for you guys! And winter? Don't even get me stated! Sounds like we're in the same boat on wishing away the snow. Spring can't come fast enough in my book, I'm ready to get outside with my girl again, we're going a bit stir crazy over here! I just sprouted some seeds on my counter, it gives me some hope that warmer days are near...

    ReplyDelete