Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Compliments

Today the incoming third graders were making Combination to 10 Story Books.
We've been working really hard on combinations to 10...you know, 9+1, 6+4...

Anyways, we got to illustrate our books with crayons AND MARKERS...markers are a big deal in elementary school.
I drew a few examples on the board and as I was drawing I heard lots of whispers.

"She's so good!"
"Look how she drew those pumpkins!"
"She should be an art teacher!"

My pictures weren't that great and they were giving me the nicest compliments.
Then a student whispered, "She has to know how to draw. ALL teachers have to know how to draw to become a teacher." 

One of the things I love most about teaching is all the compliments our students give us. You can be having the world's worst hair day, have a pimple the size of your eyeball, your outfit doesn't match, just got over the flu and the kids will still think you're the most beautiful person they've ever seen. 

I think we should give a sincere compliment to at least one person a day...it will make their heart smile.

No comments :

Post a Comment